What is Peripheral Neuropathy is a medical disorder in which the nerve fibers of peripheral nervous system are affected. Peripheral nerves are normally concerned with carrying signals and sensations to and from the brain and spinal cord to the entire body. Vast numbers of factors are responsible for affecting nerves such as toxin exposure, recurrent infections, trauma to the nerves or as a side-effect of some chronic systemic disease such as diabetes mellitus. Weakness, loss of consciousness and numbness are common symptoms experienced by the patient along with sweltering pain. Motor, sensory or autonomic nerves, any one of them can be affected with patient losing control of areas supplied by these nerve groups.
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy:
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy is a long-term problem of diabetes. Exposure to high blood glucose levels over an comprehensive period of occasion causes injure to the peripheral nerves.
Peripheral Neuropathy Causes:
A large number of factors are included in Peripheral Neuropathy Causes. Chronic alcohol abusers suffer from this condition due to vitamin deficiency states resulting from their poor unhealthy dietary habits. Sjogren’s syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, chronic demyelinating neuropathies, vasculitis are autoimmune disorders in which peripheral neuropathy is a common symptom. If multiple nerves are involved, condition is usually attributed to have occurred secondary to diabetes mellitus. Heavy metal toxicity associated with their inhalation or ingestion leads to peripheral neuropathies. Trauma, severe infections, accidents and drugs like flouroquinolones can also cause peripheral neuropathy.
Symptoms Of Peripheral Neuropathy:
Symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy depend upon the affected nerves. All nerves in a group affecting some part of the body, several nerves affecting the entire body or sometimes just one nerve is damaged. Burning and tingling kind of pain in extremeties such as hands and toes is most common sign present in patients with peripheral neuropathies. Numbness prevents some patients from appreciating pain on contact with hot, cold or some sharp object. Muscular weakness, shrinkage and atrophy result from lack of usage due to damage to the nerve supplying it. Person trips while walking, has abnormal gait and even unable to finish easy everyday tasks like buttoning his shirt. Buckling of legs causes the patient to fall. Food digestion, sweating, micturition and sexual problems occur in some patients with peripheral neuropathy.
Treatment Of Peripheral Neuropathy:
Peripheral Neuropathy Treatment is based upon treating the underlying cause responsible for damaging the nerve or nerve group. Sugar level is monitored and controlled through medications in diabetic patients. Vitamins supplements and proper diet chart is prescribed to patient. Regular exercises, for improving the muscle control and strength are employed. Anti-depressants and anti-epileptic agents are given to control neuropathic pain. Early diagnosis is associated with better prognosis. Aids such as sticks, crutches and wheel chairs are used by patients in order to come over the problems with normal walking. Peripheral neuropathy herbal product prevents the patient from going through such type of mental and physical dependence by treating the condition effectively in short span of time owing to its complex curative herbal mixture that relieves the pain and treats the underlying cause.
Natural Treatment for Peripheral Neuropathy
Treatment for peripheral neuropathy depends on the cause. Some common treatments involve physical therapy, surgery, and injections for increased nerve pressure. Some Peripheral Neuropathy Natural Treatments can help tackle symptoms and reverse damage if you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy:
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in cold water fish and flaxseed are “food” for the nervous system. When our nerve cells are well nourished, they are more capable of transmitting healthy nerve signals.
- One can use digestive enzymes supplements two times or three times a day on an empty stomach. This will help to remove plaque and restore blood circulation particularly in case of extremities.
- When it comes to Natural Treatment for Peripheral Neuropathy, castor oil has powerful effects. Castor oil packs provide symptomatic relief to some people. It can be put to a helpful use by using different methods such as massage and acupuncture and relaxation therapy.
- Vitamin B6 levels should be balanced in the body as its deficiency can aggravate the condition or even cause neuropathic pain. The optimum dosage is 100 mg per day. One can take vitamins B complex to make Vitamin B6 more effective.
- Cinnamon is one of Herbs for Peripheral Neuropathy because it can lower the glucose level which triggers neuropathy symptoms. It is effective to take 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon in your every day meals or try using cinnamon oil for neuropathy relief.