A fluid-filled sac in the scrotum surrounding testicles is called Hydrocele. The clear yellow-coloured fluid is accumulated between vesicular and parietal areas of the tunica vaginalis. This disease can be acute or chronic and can be unilateral or bilateral. An acute hydrocele is usually painful while chronic condition lacks pain but presents with a sensation of discomfort. Acute Hydrocele of the spermatic cord can lead to testicular ischemia. It is can occur in both newborns and adults.
The disease effect 10 -60/1000 infants and 10/1000 adults. Only a male disease but a hydrocele can be seen in a newborn baby girl at the canal of nuck of labia.
The most common Hydrocele Causes in infants are incomplete closer of processus vaginalis and lack of drainage of residual peritoneal fluid. In old age, they cause hydrocele because of trauma, ischemia, infection, testicular tumour and intra-abdominal pressure. Rarely can it be caused in cases of ipsilateral renal transplant because of filariasis?
Hydrocele Risk Factors:
There are many risk factors which are associated with the development of this disease it includes premature and low-birth-weight infants, indirect inguinal hernia, primary testicular/intrascrotal pathology, trauma, surgery, increased intra-abdominal pressure, lymphatic obstruction, ventriculoperitoneal shunt, peritoneal dialysis, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome bladder exstrophy.
Mostly there are no Hydrocele Symptoms but it can sometimes cause pain, swelling, redness, and pressure at the base of the penis.
I do hydrocele diagnosis based on a scrotal examination, urine test and illumination test but only an ultrasound can confirm the diagnosis.
Hydrocele Herbal Treatment:
Hydrocele herbal product is the best Herbal Treatment for Hydrocele. It causes drying up of the fluid, and the symptoms are subsided within no time. Needle aspiration can be done for the removal of the fluid, but an invasive procedure might be unnecessary.
Hydrocele repair is surgery to accurate the swelling of the scrotum that occurs while you have a hydrocele. A hydrocele is the backup of fluid around a testicle. Kid boys a few times have a hydrocele at birth. Hydroceles also occur in older boys and men.
Fluid can also be expelled from a hydrocele with a needle. In several cases, hydroceles that are suctioned frequently go back, and Hydrocele Surgery might then be necessary.
It is not a dangerous condition and does not lead to infertility but can cause infection, tumour or inguinal hernia.
Infants with indirect inguinal hernia causing hydrocele should give an exploratory on the other side to determine the need for ligation. Patent processus vaginalis on the contralateral side can be accessed through endoscopy, which has the advantage of being less invasive.
For infants prevention of lymphatic obstruction and ligation of tunica vaginalis can minimize the risk of developing hydrocele while for adults minimizing the potential for trauma and preventive measures against the sexually transmitted diseases can be helpful.
Home Remedies for Hydrocele
Though it is not wise to try Home Remedies for Hydrocele, the bellow mentioned tips can be followed for a short period until you see a doctor.
- Fresh air, out-door exercise, sunbathing should be undertaken.
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- Applying a little oil on the leaves of Harebell and tie it on the testicles it help in the growth of the eggs gets better soon.
- Wearing a suspensor bandage is often useful.
- You can eat your normal diet. If your stomach is upset, try bland, low-fat foods like plain rice, broiled chicken, toast, and yoghurt.
- Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor says it is okay.
- Try to walk each day. Start by walking a little more than you did the day before. Bit by bit, increase the amount you walk. Walking boosts blood flow and helps prevent pneumonia and constipation.
- Natural Remedies for Hydrocele applying little sesame oil on the addressee of tobacco heating them lightly and tie it’s on testicles it gives a benefit.