Narcolepsy is a neurological disorder that impacts the part of the brain responsible for controlling sleeping patterns. What makes this disease so dangerous is that narcolepsy symptoms are frequently too vague to be recognized. Some of the top major symptoms include feeling extremely sleepy during the day time, experiencing significant loss of muscle control, and vulnerability to strong emotions. As narcolepsy a progress, its sufferer is bound to start sleeping during different tasks for example cooking or even driving. It is this lacks of alertness all of a sudden that can turn out to be very dangerous for some.
Symptoms of Narcolepsy:
While it has numerous symptoms, the main one is too much daytime sleepiness (EDS), present in all of the diagnosed narcolepsy patients without exceptions. Though, the sleepiness is actually not the most scary narcolepsy symptom out there.
Not every person with this disease will experience all of the following signs and symptoms. Common Symptoms of Narcolepsy include:
- Lack of physical energy.
- Poor sleep quality and insomnia.
- Involuntary and persistent movements in the legs, called restless leg syndrome.
- Young children may experience the following additional symptoms
- Tongue sticking out
- Half-closed eyes
- Unsteady gait
- Excessive daytime sleepiness that can lead to falling asleep unwillingly, even during an activity like driving or working.
Natural Remedies for Narcolepsy:
Natural Remedies for Narcolepsy can be rather the ephemeral sentence. Not sure what I mean by natural remedies? Let’s first define it then. I think natural remedies for narcolepsy to be anything that is not medication. This could be light exposure, diet, supplements, and other.
Take kola nut supplements upon waking every morning. This natural herb works as a stimulant and stop daytime sleepiness.
Yerba mate tea is a South American herb that improves energy levels and stop sleep attacks during the day.
Valerian root herb can be had in the form of a capsule before bedtime. This root helps regularize sleep cycles and encourages deeper sleep at night.
Drink a cup of lemon balm tea before sleeping to help you sleep well and feel more rested when you get up in the morning.
Get better your overall immunity by taking the essential vitamins and supplements for example vitamins A, C, D, and E.
Gingko biloba supplements can get better circulation and is an antioxidant that stops infection.
Exercising can also help with sleep because it needs energy disbursement all through the day. Try not to do it right before bed for the reason that it can keep you up.
Natural Treatment for Narcolepsy:
There is no cure for narcolepsy, but there is some available Natural Treatment for Narcolepsy and lifestyle adjustments that can help:
- Take naps during the day when you have time. Schedule them into 20-minute slots for maximum benefit.
- Try and incorporate a good bedtime routine to maximize the chance for quality sleep overnight.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and stay away from processed foods and sugary drinks.
- Try to avoid stressful situations that can impact sleep.
- Try and get some exercise.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Researchers have found a connection between narcolepsy and being overweight.
- Avoid nicotine and alcohol. They can make symptoms inferior.
- Eat light or vegetarian meals during the day. Don’t eat a heavy meal before important activities.
Lifestyle adjustments are also a natural and helpful form of treatment for narcolepsy. People can avoid heavy meals, alcohol or caffeine before going to bed. They also need to follow a strict bedtime schedule. They can have short 10 to 15 minute naps during the day to manage sleepiness. Maintaining a healthy diet, having good exercise for the body and living a healthy lifestyle would radically lessen the symptoms of narcolepsy.